Being a new mum is a time of joy and excitement that is also marked with a few challenges. One of those is how to combine the new role of a parent with maintaining glamorous looks – within obvious time, energy, and budget constraints. Thankfully, help is at hand, and it comes in the polished shape of Polly Blitzer – a seasoned beauty expert and mother of twins. The glamorous insider has put together a concise guide, offering tips for staying in top form while being a full-time new mother.
Here are some suggestions:
- Opt for beauty treatments with continuing effect rather than short-term solutions requiring frequent appointments. Switch to balayage colouring – a low maintenance technique perfectly tailored to your particular hair needs. Ditch the regular nail bar visits and instead choose simple elegant look that can be achieved at home with nail buffer and a bit of glossy finish. Lengthily and expensive salon waxing sessions can be replaced efficiently by home epilation – Philips Satin Perfect Epilator is easy to operate and delivers smoothness that last.
- No need to pluck your eyebrows – take full advantage of the trend for thick eyebrows and well-filled arches. Eliminate any stray hairs with Philips Precision Perfect face trimmer and smooth over with a drop of clear gel for an instantly refined look.
- Improvise! If you don’t have your staple products ready during outings or travelling, use anything at hand. Few drops of olive oil placed judiciously on the cheekbones create healthy glow; a smudge of pureed fruit can easily double as a lip tint.
- Extend the intervals between washing your hair. Freshen up the hairline – this is where the grease accumulates – and keep the rest of hair dry. Your style will last much longer, especially with a quick squirt of sanitizer to do away with the oily bits.
- Invest in a pair of huge sunglasses to abolish the need for intricate make up. The shades will also hide all traces from sleepless nights. Rub in some skin luminizer, daub a bit lip balm, and voila – face the world!
- Messy hair buns are expected to rule the catwalks and fashion waves for a quite while – and this is decidedly good news for busy mums. Pull your hair back, gather in a bun and customise with a swish pin. Now enjoy all the time normally spent on elaborate hairdo that you have just freed up for yourself!
7. Babies love to grab on anything dangling within their reach, so temporary tattoo jewellery is godsend for mums. No more ripped bracelets and necklaces! Cheap and glitzy – perfect for lifting up your mood!